Makes 2 pounds of Truffles (approx. 60-80 pieces).
1½ lbs. bitter sweet chocolate
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup cocoa powder
1. Scald the cream by microwaving it for a few minutes (approx. 4-8)
2. Meanwhile - Break or cut the chocolate into ½" size pieces.
3. Add 1 pound of the chocolate to the hot cream while stirring.
4. Once dissolved - add to a shallow container and cover.
5. Cool in fridge until solid enough to form the truffles.
6. Scoop out (with a small ice-cream scoop or a tea spoon) small portion size amounts, and roll lightly between your palms - place on wax paper in the fridge for a few minutes.
7. While the truffles are cooling: Place the remainder of the chocolate in a bowl. Microwave in 45-60 second intervals (stir in between) until melted.
8. With some melted chocolate in your palm: roll each truffle to coat and finish off by rolling in cocoa powder.
Optional: Any flavor such as extracts, flavored oils, crushed espresso beans, chopped nuts or liquors can be added to the recipe.
The Chocolate Truffle recipe is courtesy of Bridgewater Chocolates, Bridgewater, Connecticut. For further information about Bridgewater Chocolates visit them online at www.bridgewaterchocolate.com.
Happy St. Valentine's Day from Crossroads Magazine™!
Back to the top
Back to Recipes Main Page